By Willi Vogl
- Ride a Mountain Bike or Road Bike, or both, at least three times a week
- Do Power Walking, two or three times a week. Start on flat and work slowly to steeper hills, walk down slowly. (Running is to hard especially on your knees save them for the Bumps)
- If you have an Ocean Kayak paddle two or three times a week. Great for your upper body, arms, shoulders, back, stomach, butt, hamstring and thighs. If you don’t have a Kayak do light weights with more reps and sets.
- For the ultimate combination of overall fitness wellness enroll in Pilates to learn the beginners basics and progress to the intermediate Mat Work Classes. Pilates technique is about learning to move with ease and agility, where strength is tied to purpose and will in the process of challenge your body with exercises designed to help you with concentration, focus, muscle strength and coordination.
- Finally Yoga for Body and Soul. Yoga will gain body awareness, to increase and improve flexibility and strength, to find balance to calm and relax the body and mind.
If you want to find out more about the Pilates and Yoga programs call YWCA at 604-895-5777.
You’ll combine all of above exercises you will be in the best shape of your life without pain!